- Tips for New Moms – One Week Old Baby Development – And So the Journey Begins
- Your Baby Needs Your Complete Attention – 2 Weeks Old Baby Development – Are You Feeling the Baby Blues?
- When You Bond with Your Baby – Baby Development 3 Weeks – The Baby Has Never Looked Cuter
- The Baby Starts Showing Personality – 4 Week Old Baby Development – Is It Time for Baby Talk?
- When the Baby Starts Smiling – 5 Week Old Baby Development – Capture the Moment Forever
- Sex After the Baby – 6 Week Baby Development – It’s Okay, Mom and Dad Can Do It Now
- The Curious Little One – 7 Week Old Baby Development – The Baby is Learning Constantly
- Sound of Music – 8 Week Old Baby Development – When the Baby is Fascinated by All Sounds and Voices
- No Sleep for Mom and Dad – 9 Week Old Baby Development – She’s Such a Night Owl
- Time for the Baby’s Checkup – 10 Week Old Baby Development – What the Doctor will Want to Know?
- The Little Scholar – 11 Week Old Baby Development – Read to Your Baby
- Time for Some Sweet Payback – 12 Week Old Baby Development – The Baby Shows Her Appreciation for Mom and Dad
- All About Diapers – 13 Week Old Baby Development – Diaper Rash – What Is It and How Can I Make It Go Away?
- Bonding with the Baby – 14 Weeks Old Baby Development – Babies Love to Be Touched By Mom and Dad
- You’re So Different Now – 15 Week Old Baby Development – How Having the Baby Changes Mom and Dad?
- Taking a Break from the Baby – 16 Weeks Baby Development – Handling Separation Anxiety
- She Just Said “Mama” and “Dada” – 17 Week Old Baby Development – WOW
- We Are a Team – 18 Week Old Baby Development – How to Get Your Partner to Help with the Baby?
- Mama Needs to Work Too – 19 Week Old Baby Development – Adjusting to Work for the First Time After Having the Baby
- Life After the Baby – 20 Weeks Old Baby Development – Readjusting to the World
Welcome to parenthood 🙂 You’ve probably dreamed of this moment all your adult life, but it is understandable if you feel a little overwhelmed. Being a parent may be the proudest moment of your life, but it is also a moment of great responsibility. Your little girl (or boy) needs every bit of your attention. She is helpless by herself. Her mom and dad are all she has and she is completely dependent on you.
If you feel anxious in any way, or even scared, that’s okay. We are here to help. We will guide you through the baby growth week by week. We will walk you through the baby speech development, baby teeth development and baby vision development. Sure, there are many child development websites out there, but here you will find the most relevant and important information, that you can trust implicitly.
You will find the best expert advice on the babies brain development and the baby eyesight development. We will be with you all the way, guiding you through each week of your baby’s growth. We will walk you through everything you need to know about caring, loving and feeding your precious little one.
You May Have Certain Questions In Your Mind, Such As:
- How do I protect my baby?
- Can I trust her with strangers?
- When is the right time to leave her with a babysitter?
- How do I breastfeed my baby the right way?
Okay, Mom and Dad, we will answer every single question you have about your baby’s development. And it’s not just the baby that we are worried about – we want the Mom to be healthy too. So, we shall be talking about that as well.
So, Mom and Dad, fasten your seatbelts and get ready for the Most Comprehensive Baby Development Guide. It’s going to be a heck of a ride, so let’s get started!
Tips for New Moms – One Week Old Baby Development – And So the Journey Begins
Should I be worried about my baby’s eyesight? She doesn’t look at me.
Is breastfeeding painful?
So it’s your first week with the baby. You’re probably still in the hospital, or you’ve healthy enough to come home. Let’s make the 1 week old baby development as incident free as possible. In the baby development one week, her eyesight will be a little fuzzy, but that doesn’t mean there’s something with it. Almost all babies are nearsighted in the 1 week baby development, that’s only to be expected.
- They can only see things that are around 10 to 12 inches away. So, don’t worry if she doesn’t look at you in the eye. Newborns have a tendency to glance at the eyebrows or the hairline or at the mouth. They will start staring right into the eye as they get slightly older and more confident about themselves and the world around them.
If you’re a first-time Mom, you probably have a lot of questions about breastfeeding. It’s not easy to get used to at the start. Your milk starts coming in two to four days after the baby’s birth – this is called engorgement. It’s not a comfortable feeling for most Moms, as their breasts feel tender or hot, they may swell or throb.
Let’s Discuss How to Get Rid of the Discomfort:
- Take a nice warm shower. You will find that relaxing.
- Soak a washcloth in warm water, wring out and apply to the breasts before a feeding.
- Just before the nursing, express a bit of milk from the breasts.
- Wear a nursing bra and nurse every 2-3 hours. Please don’t stop the feedings at any point because of the pain, because, nursing actually helps to lessen the pain considerably.
- Drink a lot of water and other fluids. You must keep yourself well hydrated.
- Alternate between breasts for each feed.
- Apply cold compress after each feed.
Your Baby Needs Your Complete Attention – 2 Weeks Old Baby Development – Are You Feeling the Baby Blues?
I know I’m the mother of the most beautiful baby, but do I feel so down?
During the baby development 2 weeks, the baby is still getting used to her new world. She has been in her mother’s womb for too long and is now experiencing something new every moment – the sights, the sounds, the sensations. She’s still adjusting, and will be either asleep or quietly alert about what’s happening around her without really understanding anything at all.
You shouldn’t worry if she cries a lot in the 2 week old baby development; because that’s the only way she knows how to communicate with you. You should talk to her all the time, touch her and reassure her that she’s fine. All babies love to be touched, and she will want to be held, kissed, stroked, massaged, carried and caressed by her Mom and Dad during the 2 weeks baby development.
- But that’s about the baby, how do you feel generally as a Mom? You probably feel a little moody, weepy or irritable. It’s okay for first-time Moms to feel a little down during the 2 week baby development. In fact, such feelings have a name: they are called the baby blues.
You will be deprived of sleep, the recovery from the childbirth is often slow and getting used to your new way of life, such as breastfeeding the baby, is not really easy at all.
There are massive hormonal shifts occurring within you as well, and what makes it worse is that everybody expects you to be thrilled and super excited, so you feel guilty when you feel nothing like that. It’s only natural, but don’t worry, it’s just a passing phase. As the weeks go by, the baby will begin to show a real personality and she will soon become your new best friend.
When You Bond with Your Baby – Baby Development 3 Weeks – The Baby Has Never Looked Cuter
Why do I sometimes stare at my baby as if she’s a stranger? Why don’t I feel a connection with her yet? Is there something wrong with me?
Is using a pacifier a good idea?
You’ve heard all the stories about an instant connection between mothers and their babies, the incredible, powerful love between the mother and the child, so when you don’t feel such a bond with your baby as yet during the 3 week baby development, you will probably be very upset with yourself.
- But don’t be! Bonding between mother and baby takes time, it doesn’t happen all of a sudden. Both of you need to get used to each other first, after all, we are only in the 3 weeks old baby development as of now. So, give it time.
Women who have never spent much time with babies before giving birth to one find it a little more difficult to get used to being a mother. The feelings of attachment for the baby take time, and the 3 weeks baby development is still early days yet. So, don’t be hard on yourself, just pay attention to the baby. With every interaction you have with her, your bonding with her only gets stronger.
Now, you would be wondering about getting the baby a pacifier. Babies need to suck during the 3 week old baby development. They love doing that, so a pacifier helps to calm them down, just a little bit. When the pacifier isn’t available, the baby will want to suck on her fingers or thumb to soothe herself.
You should use a pacifier for her at nap time and bedtime as it reduces the risk of what’s called SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). Once the baby is asleep, the pacifier falls out naturally.
The Baby Starts Showing Personality – 4 Week Old Baby Development – Is It Time for Baby Talk?
How do I communicate better with my baby? I’m so excited that she’s started squealing and laughing!
I’m completely clueless about vaccines, but I hate to see my baby getting shots, it must be so painful for her!
There’s always time for baby talk during the 4 weeks baby development. The baby starts gurgling, cooing, grunting and humming. She will even squeal and laugh. The sound of her laughter is just divine for Mom and Dad.
- Engage with her as often as you can, coo and gurgle back, when she coos and gurgles at you.
- Communicate with her in a babyish voice, that comes naturally to new parents.
- Hold her to your face; she will love gazing at you.
- She will love the sound of your voice and will look forward to it all the time.
You are her only connection to the world.
Don’t be shy about baby talk, speak to her in a high-pitched manner and from the very start, as early as in the 4 week baby development, try to make her conscious about the language. Don’t get upset if your baby is slow to respond, some babies take more time than others. Just enjoy every moment you spend with her. The 4 weeks old baby development is a time of great joy for a parent.
- Next, let’s talk about vaccines. You may be wondering why so many vaccines are given to babies when they are so small, as early as in the baby development 4 weeks. Well, as hard it may be for you to see your baby getting shots, you must understand that vaccines are absolutely essential.
Vaccines prevent deadly, debilitating diseases such as polio or diphtheria from happening to the baby. These diseases were common in the West around hundred years ago, but because of highly successful public immunization program undertaken by the government, have completely disappeared.
When the Baby Starts Smiling – 5 Week Old Baby Development – Capture the Moment Forever
What should I expect to happen in the postpartum checkup?
Before we discuss the postpartum checkup for Moms, let’s fist talk about the baby development 5 weeks. During the 5 weeks old baby development, your baby will be quite a charmer. Her very first smile appears, and when it does, it can be a heavenly moment for Mom and Dad.
All those nights of staying up with her will have been worth it, just for this precious moment. Her first beaming, toothless grin is something you will remember for the rest of your life, even years later, when she transforms into a sulky teen! Capture these joyous moments forever with your best camera.
- Moms are expected to go through a postpartum checkup from their doctor during the 5 week baby development. This checkup would conclude the series that began with your first prenatal checkup.
Essentially, during the 5 weeks baby development, your doctor will just want to know that you’re doing fine, now with the baby being around and all that. She will check your emotional status as well as your physical condition. You will be put through a pelvic exam where the doctor will examine if the tears, scratches or bruises to the cervix or the vagina have completely healed.
The doctor will examine your perineum to see if there’s any tearing. She will check your belly for tenderness, if any. And if you’ve had a scar because of c-section, the doctor will inspect it to see whether it has healed or not.
She will examine your breasts and ask you about the problems you have had while breastfeeding the baby. In particular, she will check for any clogged ducts, which could lead to an infection such as mastitis.
She will tell you if it’s okay to have sex again with your partner. The doctor will also examine your emotional state and if she finds that you have a mild depression, you will be asked to visit a therapist.
Sex After the Baby – 6 Week Baby Development – It’s Okay, Mom and Dad Can Do It Now
I still don’t feel like having sex with my partner. Is it normal? Will intercourse hurt? Will my husband still be attracted to me?
It’s okay to have sex with your partner during the baby development 6 weeks. At this stage, you’re probably tired beyond belief and sex is the last thing on your mind right now. Your hormone levels are still adjusting to your new situation. Your life has changed completely since the baby has arrived and things are never going to be the same as before.
Sure, the changes are all for the better as the baby is by far the best thing to have happened to you. But even as your partner is ready to have sex with you, you don’t really feel up to it. You just don’t have the same sex drive that you did when you first started going out with your partner. You will get it back soon enough, but not as early as in the 6 weeks baby development.
But don’t let that worry you. Whether you feel like making love or not in the 6 weeks old baby development, you can still focus on loving your partner. It doesn’t have to be sexual intercourse yet.
A majority of women do some form of sexual touching with their partners in the first couple of months following childbirth, according to a study by the University of Wisconsin. While many had oral sex, very few – just 17% – actually had intercourse.
- So, Will Intercourse Hurt During the 6 Week Old Baby Development?
Yes, your vagina may feel slightly tender if you’ve had a tear in the perineum, are recovering from a cesarean section or had a difficult delivery. You can get around this by using a water-based lubricant while having sex.
- Will Your Husband Still Be Attracted to You at This Stage?
Well, that’s a hard one to tell because he is just as tired and exhausted as you are. He is seriously sleep deprived because of the baby, so he may not have the same sex drive right now as he did early in your marriage or relationship. But that will change as the baby gets older and he gets more sleep.
The Curious Little One – 7 Week Old Baby Development – The Baby is Learning Constantly
How do I know if my baby can hear well?
I feel so terrible about not breastfeeding my baby!
During the baby development 7 weeks you will have noticed that your baby is very quiet and alert. That’s because she is watching and learning. She is trying to make sense of what’s happening around her.
The 7 weeks old baby development is when you try acquainting yourself with your little one better.
- Try to form a connection with her.
- Talk to her.
- Sing lullabies to her.
- Take her to the local zoo, point out the animals to her.
- Describe the pictures on the wall to her.
- Just continue your conversation with the baby in every way possible.
- During 7 week baby development, she will be using her hands to feel new sights and sounds. She will be super excited about her bath time and look forward to it with great anticipation.
To answer the question about not breastfeeding, not every woman can breastfeed their baby because of various reasons such as illness, discomfort and frustration. It is natural for them to feel very guilty about it. But a commercial formula is just as effective as breast milk when it comes to providing the baby with much needed nourishment during the 7 weeks baby development.
So, don’t feel guilty about it, but do talk to your doctor or with a certified lactation consultant.
- Is Her Hearing Okay?
You might wonder, especially if she sleeps through even the biggest noises. It is a fact that 2 or 3 out of 1000 babies are born with some form of hearing loss, but most babies have excellent hearing, so you shouldn’t worry about that too much.
If you are concerned, stand behind her when she’s awake and clap, just behind her head. If she acts startled in any way, her hearing should be good enough. If she does not respond, take her to the doctor as soon as possible.
Sound of Music – 8 Week Old Baby Development – When the Baby is Fascinated by All Sounds and Voices
What are the vaccines that I should get for my baby? What can I expect during a doctor’s checkup not that she is 2-months old?
Many things happen during the 8 week baby development. Your baby will start recognizing familiar voices and sounds and differentiate those from the ones that are new to him. She is fully adjusted to her own environment. Sounds and noises excite her and she is always looking to see where they are coming from.
- Slowly, and gradually, she is becoming a good listener, which is so important in the baby development 8 weeks.
Keep talking to your baby, while most of your conversations are one-sided, they do give your baby a sense of belonging and a feeling of being loved. She will watch your mouth closely as you talk, to get a clue as to how you do that. All sounds are a deep mystery to her and he will be eager to solve them.
Next, let’s talk about the doctor’s checkup during the 8 weeks old baby development. Essentially, the doctor will weigh and measure the baby, check her length and size, to find out if she’s growing in a healthy way or not.
She will check the baby’s vision and hearing, as well as her heart and lungs. The doctor will examine the baby for all infant health issues such as baby acne, diaper rash and thrush. She will answer your questions on breastfeeding and whether it’s the right time to return to work.
The baby will be given the following vaccines during the 8 weeks baby development – for polio; hepatitis B; DTaP (or diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis); and Hib (for meningitis; pneumococcal, ear infections, and other bacterial infections).
No Sleep for Mom and Dad – 9 Week Old Baby Development – She’s Such a Night Owl
How do I find the right babysitter for my baby?
Your baby will be quite a night owl during the 9 weeks baby development. Neither you nor your partner will get much sleep at this stage. It’s normal for babies to wake up in the early hours of the morning during the 9 week baby development. She will probably have two to five sleep periods and as much as 10 hours of wake up time in a typical 24 hour period.
The interesting thing is, you can predict if your baby is going to be a short sleeper or a longer sleeper, and whether she is going to be a night owl or an early riser when she’s much older, based on her sleeping patterns in the baby development 9 weeks.
The other important thing to do during this time is to find the right babysitter for your baby. You will probably leave for work soon and so you should make the right childcare arrangements for your baby as early as possible.
In fact, the 9 weeks old baby development is the right time to look for the right daycare center or home daycare in the area.
- Talk to other parents for advice on this.
- Spend some time at a daycare center which has a good reputation.
- Take your baby along as well, find how the staff at these centers interact with your baby and with other infants or toddlers.
If you’re looking to hire a babysitter, carry out a trial run by having a nanny watch over your baby while you run errands around the house. You will know instantly if your baby feels comfortable with her and takes a liking to her.
Time for the Baby’s Checkup – 10 Week Old Baby Development – What the Doctor will Want to Know?
What are the symptoms that I should watch out for, so that I can mention them to the doctor during my baby’s checkup?
Help! My baby has got a fever.
The 10 weeks baby development is the right time for an extensive checkup. But you shouldn’t wait for a particular occasion to visit the doctor’s office, you should feel free to call anytime you feel you need to.
Some of the symptoms to watch out for during the 10 week baby development are changes in her temperament, a rash that doesn’t go away, an eye or ear drainage which bothers her, a drop in the number of wet diapers or a sudden increase in the same. You should consider taking your baby for a checkup if she’s been crying a lot lately, even more than usual.
- None of these symptoms are serious by themselves, but could point out to a condition which may get worse with time. So, it’s better to get the baby checked by the doctor during the 10 weeks old baby development.
Another issue that really affects parents is when their baby has a fever. It’s hard enough for adults to run a fever, but when a baby has it, as early as in the baby development 10 weeks, it can be quite worrying for parents.
- Check your baby’s temperature if she appears tired or unresponsive. If it’s over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius), then it is important to take her to a doctor as soon as possible.
But, it’s important to understand that the readings depend on whether the temperature is taken rectally, in the armpit, on the forehead or by the ear. So, you should make a note of each of the readings when reporting to the doctor, so that she will have a better idea of your baby’s condition. And do let the doctor know about the fever reducing medicines that you’d given to the baby.
The Little Scholar – 11 Week Old Baby Development – Read to Your Baby
Everybody has something to say about my baby and the way I’m taking care of her – not all of it is great advice. How do I deal with unhelpful comments and advice about my baby?
Read out to your baby, as much as you can. It is important to build an understanding of the structure and flow of the spoken language as early as in the 11 week baby development. When you read out nice little picture books to your baby and describe the animations, vary the pitch of your voice suitably.
Use different accents, sing and have fun with the whole thing. Make reading books a great experience that your baby will look forward to with great anticipation.
- Often, babies lose interest in the 11 weeks old baby development and wander off. Don’t get upset when this happens, maybe she’s tired and wants to rest. So, let her. Join a library that has a very good baby’s section.
The books that are suitable for infants in the 11 weeks baby development have large, bright and colorful pictures and very simple text. Clear, crisp and colorful pictures hold a baby’s attention.
Another thing you will deal with during the baby development 11 weeks are unhelpful comments or advice. Some of the advice people give you is just wrong. But that won’t bother you as much as how intrusive their comments can be. It’s as though they know your baby better than you do!
Most people are nice and they just want to say something to show their concern and appreciation for the baby, so don’t take it the wrong way. Don’t take everything you listen seriously, and unless what someone says really makes a lot of sense, just ignore the advice completely.
Just say something noncommittal, such as, “I appreciate your concern, thank you so much…” or “Thank you, I’ll be sure to ask our doctor about it..” and move on.
Time for Some Sweet Payback – 12 Week Old Baby Development – The Baby Shows Her Appreciation for Mom and Dad
The baby is responding to me well, but I still feel a little depressed. Can you help?
You and your partner have toiled really hard to take care of the baby. You have spent several sleepless nights, forgot what it’s like to have sex, gave up your social life, stopped going out. Now, in the 12 week baby development, it’s time for some sweet payback, as your baby will start showing her appreciation for Mom and Dad.
She will smile at most people who coo to her to look at her directly in the eye, but her biggest smiles, squeals of joy and grunts of happiness are reserved for Mom and Dad. Her Mom and Dad mean the whole world to her when she’s in the 12 weeks old baby development. She loves you as much as you love her and that makes the whole thing pretty much worth it!
- But sometimes, you will still feel slightly depressed. It is as though the baby blues that we spoke about earlier hasn’t really gone away, despite the fact that she is such a lovely little dear in her 12 weeks baby development.
It’s okay! Don’t beat yourself about it. Talk to your doctor, explain exactly how you feel. As much as 20% of new mothers complain about postpartum depression during the baby development 12 weeks. “Baby Blues” are a lot more common than you would have thought. The illness is real, and easily treatable with just a few visits to a therapist.
Your therapist will want to know is you have trouble sleeping, whether you feel exhausted most of the time, or suffer from loss of appetite. She will ask you about your feelings about your relationship, whether you are scared that your partner might leave you because the baby is now at the center of your attention and not him. Your therapist will then prescribe anti-depression medication.
All About Diapers – 13 Week Old Baby Development – Diaper Rash – What Is It and How Can I Make It Go Away?
What’s diaper rash and what should I do to prevent it from happening to my baby?
One of the common issues your baby will have during the 13 weeks baby development is diaper rash. Diaper rash is marked by the appearance of a reddish, rough skin on the baby and is caused by prolonged wetness and chafing.
You must make it a point to change the baby’s diapers regularly; otherwise her urine and stool get trapped in it for too long, which is a really unhealthy environment for her as it leads to the growth of harmful bacteria.
It can also lead to severe skin infection. Sometimes, the diapers are a problem and you should try out different brands till you find one that suits your baby to perfection during her 13 week baby development.
- The best cure for diaper rash is dryness. Change the baby’s diapers as frequently as possible. Never leave her alone in a wet or dirty diaper; this can cause a lot of pain and suffering to her. You can also try applying an effective diaper ointment to her, which acts as a barrier between her skin and the diaper.
White zinc oxide creams are an excellent choice to prevent diaper rash from occurring during the baby development 13 weeks. They offer great protection and stay on the skin for much longer, more so than petroleum jelly.
- Use a soft cloth or cotton pad to wipe the baby.
- Use a gentle but firm touch.
- Use a mild soap without fragrance while bathing the baby.
- Allow her skin to completely dry.
- It’s okay to let her play bare-bottomed in the crib, just for a little while.
- Just put a waterproof pad beneath her.
And ensure that the diapers are not too tight and there’s enough space for air to circulate around the baby’s bottom. So that’s how to prevent diaper rash from occurring in the 13 weeks old baby development.
Bonding with the Baby – 14 Weeks Old Baby Development – Babies Love to Be Touched By Mom and Dad
Help! My baby hasn’t got all the shots she should have been given by now…
The baby development 14 weeks is a special time as your baby will love bonding with you, she will love being touched by Mom and Dad. Touch is very important to babies; by touching her, caressing, cuddling and comforting her, you can soothe her when she’s upset about something or when she’s feeling irritable for some reason.
You can develop your baby’s sense of touch during the 14 weeks baby development by allowing her to play with fake fur, terry cloth, felt and so on. Just make sure not to leave her alone with them, as she might try to eat these things.
Another issue you may have is that you haven’t got her all the shots she should have gotten by the 14 week old baby development for various reasons. Maybe she was ill during the checkup and the doctor advised against giving her shots, or you just forgot to get her a particular shot.
- That’s okay; your doctor will continue from where she had left off and administer the shots that need to be given. You don’t have to worry whether the right shots have been given as the doctor’s office maintains records of all shots and so nothing is missed.
There are occasions when the baby should not be given shots. It’s when she’s been running a high fever, or has picked up an infectious disease. She cannot be administered shots during this stage, as the vaccines would interfere with the other medicines that she’s been taking, which would weaken her immune system. But if she’s only having a cold or low fever, it’s alright to give her the shots.
You’re So Different Now – 15 Week Old Baby Development – How Having the Baby Changes Mom and Dad?
My partner and I seem to have changed a lot since we had our baby. Is that a good thing or a bad?
The 15 weeks baby development is a lot of fun. Try this experiment – fix a mirror close to the crib. Your baby will have a lot of fun gazing at her reflection without realizing that it’s her image in the mirror. Her reflection will become her best friend; she will have a big toothless grin on her face every time she plays with it.
Your little one’s true awesomeness comes through during the baby development 15 weeks and as parents you should treasure every delightful moment that you get to spend with her. Trust us, she won’t be so cute when she’s 16, so make the most of it.
- By the 15 weeks old baby development, both Mom and Dad will have been through a lot with the baby. Having the baby will have changed a lot about them. Nothing ever is going to be the same ever again, as the baby will become your #1 priority.
She will be more important to you than your friends; your days of going out and partying will be over. No more bungee jumping, skydiving or car racing. You will think about your baby all the time and think twice, thrice, and several times before participating in a risky activity, such as rock climbing or surfing, or having more drinks than you really should. You will become a more responsible person by the time of the 15 week baby development.
- Your friends may or may not appreciate the change. They may find your baby delightful, or may have no interest in babies, there’s nothing you can do about how they feel about your new life. But don’t give up your old life completely; try to find the right balance between your new life and the old one.
Invite your friends for lunch so that they can visit the baby and have a nice chat with you about everything you have missed out on recently. You will also make new friends with other new Moms and Dads. So, it’s going to be a time of change, but not an unhappy one.
Taking a Break from the Baby – 16 Weeks Baby Development – Handling Separation Anxiety
I need a break, but the idea of leaving the baby with someone else scares me!
During the baby development 16 weeks, your baby will be a little bundle of activity. When placed on her tummy, she will use her arms to lift her head and shoulders as high as possible, as though doing a push-up.
- It’s quite a sight to see her doing this. She will roll over from her back to the front, which is really quite exciting for a parent. Encourage this new skill by applauding her and smiling at her, so that she feels more confident about trying out new things.
The 16 weeks old baby development is also when you are likely to return to work, so it’s natural to feel worried and anxious about leaving your baby alone for the first time since you had her. This is known as “separation anxiety”. It is okay to feel nervous, as all parents go through this condition. It just shows your concern for your baby, considering that she’s still in the 16 week baby development.
However, giving in to your anxieties about the baby is not a good idea, and could impact your mental health. After all, having a baby cannot be an excuse to stop working, as that would cut off an important source of income for the family. Indeed, bringing up children is an expensive affair, which means you really need to work.
- That’s why finding the right babysitter is so important. When you find someone, have her sit with the baby and observe her when she interacts with her. Observe if your baby feels truly comfortable with her.
Don’t allow having a baby stop you from going shopping. Just don’t act nervous around the baby just when you’re about to leave her. Babies are very sensitive and pick up signals from their mothers very quickly. She might then burst out crying, which would make leaving her so much more difficult for you during the 16 week old baby development.
She Just Said “Mama” and “Dada” – 17 Week Old Baby Development – WOW
My baby looks really chubby, should I put her on a diet?
Experts say that babies actually understand all the basic sounds in their native language by the 17 week baby development, but they don’t know what to make of these sounds as yet.
- However, finally, you may be able to hear her say what you’ve always wanted to hear: the words “mama” and “dada”. When she utters these words, it would be a moment to treasure for both Mom and Dad, something they will never forget.
What you can do during the baby development 17 weeks is to encourage your baby’s efforts to communicate with you by imitating her sounds and expressions? When you do that, she will do her best to imitate you as well. Point out your partner to her and say “dada”, she will try to say it back.
And when she says something, repeat the word with her and show your appreciation by kissing and cuddling her. It helps build her self-esteem and she will do her best to impress you. Teaching your baby to talk is a lot of effort, but it is also a plenty of fun.
One of the common concerns that many mothers have, relates to child obesity. It’s natural for you to worry if your baby appears chubby during the 17 weeks old baby development. But you shouldn’t be because some babies are born plump. It’s nothing but baby fat, and it’s not going to remain for long. As she gets older, the fat will be converted into muscle and she will look just fine.
The last thing you want to do is to put your baby on a diet during the 17 weeks baby development. It’s very, very rare for doctors to recommend putting babies on a diet. Babies require all the nourishment they can get.
Just because your baby is plump right now does not mean she is going to have a problem with obesity as she grows. But make it a point to feed her only when she’s actually hungry, and don’t deprive any of her food.
We Are a Team – 18 Week Old Baby Development – How to Get Your Partner to Help with the Baby?
My partner is very hesitant about helping out with the baby, although he really wants to. How can I get him more involved in our baby’s life?
By the 18 weeks old baby development, your little one will want to play with her hands and feet. When she likes doing something, she will repeat it over and over again. She might change doing things slightly, but generally, if there’s a skill she’s picked up, she will repeat it infinitely.
She will be more independent than before during the baby development 18 weeks and won’t need your attention every single moment. This gives you time to relax and maybe catch up on a TV show that you had missed out on.
But How Do You Make Your Partner More Involved in the Baby’s Affairs?
It’s important that he should be able to soothe the baby when she’s upset or irritable as well, you shouldn’t be the only parent doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to the baby, especially now that we are in the 18 weeks baby development. You have every reason to expect more of a commitment from your partner.
Most Dads want to help out with the baby, but lack the confidence to do so. You can help build your partner’s confidence by making him responsible for soothing the baby during the 18 week baby development. Put him in charge of assessing the baby’s needs whenever he’s around.
As he takes the baby in his arms when she’s crying and cuddles her, rubs her back or gives her a massage, his confidence will shoot up considerably. Your partner can take care of the baby in his own style, by distracting her, making funny faces and sounds, performing stunts and so on.
Mama Needs to Work Too – 19 Week Old Baby Development – Adjusting to Work for the First Time After Having the Baby
How do I adjust back to office life? It’s been a while since I last worked.
I still find it hard to pump breast milk, although I’m permitted to do so at the office. What am I doing wrong?
You should be back in the office by the 19 weeks baby development. Most companies in the country truly understand the problems of working mothers and try their best to address the concerns that they may have.
- Companies like Google, Amazon and Facebook go out of the way to make working mothers comfortable in the office.
One of the issues you will face is finding a spot in the office for pumping breast milk for the baby during the baby development 19 weeks Pumping breast milk is important as it allows working moms to maintain the milk supply and provide breast milk to the baby’s bottle feedings.
It’s not so easy, though. You should first practice pumping breast milk at home. Get used to the pump first. Electric double pumps are great options, especially if it’s the 19 weeks old baby development; it allows you to empty both breasts at once. There are several pumping accessories that you can use, which make your life so much easier, especially in the 19 week baby development.
It is very important to talk to your supervisor about your plans. Most offices around in the United States have a private place for pumping. If your office doesn’t, and there isn’t a private room with a door in your office, then you’ll need to arrange a special spot for the pumping.
Be consistent with the pumping, do it at the same place and at the same spot every day. Make sure that everybody in the office knows your routine and understands. You don’t want anyone to go searching for you.
Finally, relax while pumping. Think of your baby and her cute little toothless grin!
Life After the Baby – 20 Weeks Old Baby Development – Readjusting to the World
What’s the best way to put the baby to sleep during the 20 weeks baby development?
The baby is 5 months old now, and I think it’s time for us to reconnect with the world, and catch up with what’s happening. How do we do that?
By the 20 week baby development, it is important to have developed a routine to help put the baby to sleep. This could be a bath or a bedtime story with her favorite picture book. Or you could try all of that in a proper sequence:
- feed the baby first
- give her a warm, relaxing bath
- dress her in her nightclothes
- settle her next to you in bed
- read a book to her
- sing a song
and when she’s finally asleep, out her down and kiss her good night. You and your partner can take turns at this. It shouldn’t be just you who puts the baby to bed. The baby’s Dad should contribute as well.
So, it’s the 20 week old baby development. The baby has dominated your life for the last 20 weeks. Readjusting to the world outside isn’t easy at all. You’ve been out of touch completely; you have been so taken up by the baby and her issues that you have little idea about what’s going on.
- So what can Mom and Dad do to readjust to the world during the baby development 20 weeks?
Well, you start a conversation with your sister on Skype. You can reconnect with your friends, check in with the rest of your family, find out what’s going on with everyone.
Relax with the latest John Grisham or Paulo Coelho bestseller. Read a current affairs magazine to find out what’s going on with the world while you’ve been busy with the baby. Catch up on your favorite blog. Get back on the social media. Have an intelligent conversation with a client or colleague about work.
So we have covered the baby development week by week in this most comprehensive baby development guide. It took a lot of research and a plenty of hard work on our part, but it will have been worth it only if it benefits you in one way or another.
- Our goal was to provide you with all the important information you need on your babies development stages, as well as practical advice and time-tested parenting tips. But the fact is every baby is different and the weekly baby development varies from one infant to another as well.
You may have realized, as you went through the newborn baby milestones listed in this book that it’s early days yet. It’s only been 20 weeks so far, there’s still a long way to go before your baby develops a full blown personality. There’s still some time to go before she starts talking, walking and even running. It will happen, just be patient and give her all the time she needs.
Right now, all you can really do is to treasure every moment you spend with her. It’s also important that you shouldn’t hesitate to seek out help and useful advice from other parents, people who have been through it all and know exactly what you’re going through right now. Create a support group of friends, family members, babysitters and doctors to help you out with bringing up the baby. Remember, taking care of the baby is a team sport – you’re all in it together.
Just relax, Mom and Dad, you’ve been through a lot already. Now, you will experience the true joy of having a baby!
Last, but not the least, as proud parents, you should give your little angel nothing but the very best.
That’s Why We Strongly Recommend These Resources Below