– The recommendations are chosen independently by the editors of Reviewed. The purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
During the holidays, giving gifts is good for you and your loved ones. But giving gifts that also give back will make you feel even better. Let your Christmas gift budget do double duty by buying from brands and retailers who donate to deserving causes and do their part to support their local and global communities.
While you can always donate directly to any nonprofit or charity you choose, you can also make a difference through your holiday shopping. Below are 20 retailers who are giving back this season, from Carhartt at Nordstrom. Whether they donate products to people in need or pledge money to nonprofits, these brands are spreading the real holiday spirit.
Shop for the Holidays with offers and expert advice straight to your phone. Register for SMS alerts from Reviewed’s tender research team.
20 popular retailers giving back in 2021
- Amazon smile:When you shop on Amazon Smile, Amazon donates 0.5% of qualifying purchases to the charity of your choice.
- Avocado mattress:The lawyer is part of 1% for the planet, which means that the mattress brand donates 1% of its revenue to environmental nonprofits like Big Green and Plastic Oceans International.
- Barefoot dreams:When you buy an item from the Covered in Prayer collection by Barefoot Dreams, the brand donates part of the profits to The WunderGlo Foundation, which supports doctors in the search for a cure for colon cancer.
- Bombas:For every pair of Bombas socks, pair of underwear or t-shirt purchased, the brand will donate one to people in need in homeless shelters.
- Brookline: Brooklinen bedding brand has partnered with Good360 and donates its returned products to shelters for women and survivors of domestic violence across the country.
- Carhartt: Workwear brand Carhartt donates year round to numerous nonprofits, including the America’s Future Farmers, National Parks Foundation and local food drives.
- Carium: The brand behind the Instagram favorite sustainable sneakers, Cariuma, will plant a pair of trees in the Brazilian rainforest for every pair of shoes sold.
- Everlan: For every purchase at Everlane’s 100% Human Collection– which includes sweatshirts, joggers and t-shirts – the clothing brand will donate 10% of the proceeds to the ACLU.
- Madewell: For every dollar you give No hungry child via Madewell, the denim and clothing brand will match and triple your donation up to $ 100,000 through December 31st.
- Nordstrom: During the holiday season, you can add a donation to your purchase at Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack — online and in-store — for Operation Hot Where Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. The retailer also donates 1% of all gift card sales to nonprofits that provide families with access to housing and food.
- Our location: Our Place makes the very popular Always Panoramic, as well as other kitchen utensils. For each purchase, the brand will donate 10 meals to Feed America.
- Outdoor voice: Sportswear brand Outdoor Voices has teamed up with the YMCA for a limited-edition collaboration. All proceeds from the collection will be donated to the YMCA.
- Condition bags: For every bag purchased, State Bags will donate a fully wrapped backpack to schools in need or to one of its education-related partner charities.
- Tatcha: Japanese skin care brand Tatcha donates part of its revenue to Reading room, which works to make quality education accessible to children around the world.
- Thin : Thinx is the darling of our experts menstrual underwear. Each year, the brand makes donations to associations such as Girls Inc. and PERIOD promote menstrual equity and access to feminine hygiene products worldwide.
- Third Love: Bra and underwear brand ThirdLove is the world’s largest underwear donor, working with nonprofits like I support the girls, Soles4Souls and Good360.
- Tom: Popular shoe brand Toms says it donates a third of its total profits to local nonprofits that work to improve their local communities.
- Tory Burch: This holiday, Tory Burch will donate 100% of the proceeds from her Embrace Ambition Bracelet to the Tory Burch Foundation, which helps empower women entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Uncommon goods: For each purchase made at Uncommon Goods, the brand will donate $ 1 to the association of your choice through its Better to Give program.
- Warby Parker: For every pair of glasses purchased, Warby Parker donates them to someone in need. The brand also donates to non-profit organizations like Pupil Projects to improve access to eye screening and services.
Don’t be upset by shipping delays or sold-out favorites this holiday season. Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter and get the product reviews, deals and vacation gift guides you need to start shopping now.
Prices were correct at the time of this article’s publication, but may change over time.