- Baby Development 1 Month – Well Begun is Half Done
- Baby Development 2 Months – Your Baby’s First Smile. Capture the Moment Forever
- Baby Development 3 Months – Strength and Mobility. Be Prepared to Be Surprised
- Breastfeeding Your Baby – Baby Development 4 Months – All the Details
- Baby Development 5 Months – Your Baby will Be a Little Bundle of Joy. Treasure These Moments Forever
- It’s Time to Start Solids – Baby Development 6 Months – Her First Taste of Real Food
- 7 Month Old Baby Development and Dealing with “Separation Anxiety”. Improving the Baby’s Motor Skills
- 8 Month Old Baby Development. It’s Time for the Baby to Start Crawling – Watch Out for the Bumps and Falls, Childproof the Home
- 9 Month Old Baby Development – Toys, Toys and More Toys. When Mom and Dad are the Baby’s Best Playmates
- 10 Month Old Baby Development – The Little Charmer. Watch Your Baby Lose Her Shyness and Become Friendlier with Strangers
- The Little Bookworm – Baby Development 11 Months – Time to Read Colorful Books to the Baby
- 12 Month Old Baby Development – Her First Birthday. Congratulations to Mom, Dad and the Little Champ
- Baby Development 13 Months – Her First Steps. A Moment You’ll Never Forget
- 14 Month Old Baby Development – Time to Buy Her a Pair of Shoes. She’s Growing Pretty Fast
- How to Make Your Baby Enjoy Her Food? 15 Month Old Baby Development – Meal Time is Fun Time
- A Well Fed Baby is a Happy Baby. Baby Development 16 Months – The Healthiest Foods for Your Baby
- It’s Time to Let the Baby Out. Why it is So Important for Babies to Be Physically Active? 17 Months Baby Development
- So Little and Yet So Confident. Baby Development 18 Months – The Baby’s Unique Personality Comes Through
- 19 Months Baby Development – Talk to Me! Your Baby will Want to Impress People with Her Newfound Communication Skills
- Baby Development 20 Months. The Little Champ – Your Baby will Walk Confidently, and Even Run
There are several child development websites out there, but if you’re looking for one with the most up-to-date information, expert opinions, and a clear, factual and well thought narration of infant milestones by month as well as what to expect during the delicate early stages of your child’s development – you’ve come to the right place.
Welcome to Parenthood 🙂
Enjoy the Ride, Because it’s Going to be a Fun and Exciting One
Your baby is all yours, she’s home with you and she’s completely dependent on you. The next two years are going to be the most joyous time of your life, and you are likely to remember each moment of your infant development stages, several years later, when your child is old enough to leave her parents’ nest and leave for college.
- We tell you everything you need to know about caring, loving and feeding the baby. You will find the best child development article on when is a baby fully developed, tips on both the baby’s and her Mom’s health and address any questions you may have about the baby’s sleeping habits, health development and safety.
We also discuss the baby’s security – for instance, can you trust your baby with a stranger even for a brief while when you have no other choice? We resolve your breastfeeding issues, discuss how to handle the baby’s crying, track its development by the month, tell you what’s normal and what’s not normal, when you should be worried and much more … So, Mom and Dad, let’s get started!
Baby Development 1 Month – Well Begun is Half Done
Help! This is my first baby and I’m scared that I may get something wrong …
One month old baby development is always the trickiest. If you’re scared, it’s only natural. You’ve given birth to a precious life form. You’ve carried her for nine months, you prepared for most of your adult life for this moment, and now here she is, in flesh and blood – squealing, cooing, gurgling, humming and grunting at you.
So, what to expect with baby development one month?
Well, by the time the one month baby development is over, your baby will get stronger. She will be able to lift her head just for a short time when you hold her upright, but remember to give her head support when she does. She will start gurgling and cooing whenever she sees you and look so adorable when she does. Always respond to her, talk to her and sing soft lullabies so that she can sleep.
During the 1 month baby development, you will notice your baby becoming more sensitive to her surroundings. Her vision and hearing improves considerably and she even shows signs of joy, when you hold her close. You should put a colorful toy in front of her, but don’t expect her to grasp it as yet. She is likely to make contact with the toy, but with her fingers closed.
- Your baby still has no idea what to do with her arms and legs. So to build awareness, you should hold her hand up above her head and let go softly, or count her fingers and toes. Slowly, your baby begins to recognize Mom and Dad.
By the 1 month old baby development, most infants recognize their parents, and make eye contact with them. In the first month, your baby is still learning to focus with both eyes, so she can track a moving object. But don’t expect her to follow vertical movements until she’s at least three months old.
Baby Development 2 Months – Your Baby’s First Smile. Capture the Moment Forever
Will I get to sleep more?
Will I finally get to see my baby smile?
Yes, you will. And that’s the best part of the 2 months baby development stage. A lot of great things happen during the 2 month old baby development and you should be ready with your camera to capture them all.
Your baby still won’t be sleeping through the night, and both Mom and Dad will find it hard to catch more than a few winks the entire night, but it will still be better than the first month. Most babies will wake up at night and will have to be fed during the 2 months old baby development. But they will sleep for a lot longer than they did in the first month, which is great news for you.
There is nothing more adorable than your baby’s first smile. She will beam at you and smile toothlessly when you cuddle her or saw sweet nothings to her. Even if she has kept you up the whole night, her smile would be more than enough to make up for all the hard work. You can encourage her to smile by making funny faces at her and making silly noises.
She will begin to see better during the 2 month baby development stage. She will begin to show appreciation for multi-color toys and toys with more detailed designs. You should buy some attractive plastic toys and soft balls for her. Ensure that the toys are made from non-toxic material.
- You should play with the baby as often as you can, and by this we mean showing her colorful mobile phones, dangling a toy over her and so on. She will try to bat at the toys with a clenched fist and move her arms and legs in response.
This will help her learn how to coordinate her movements better. This is also the time to visit an immunization clinic and get your baby immunized by a child specialist.
Baby Development 3 Months – Strength and Mobility. Be Prepared to Be Surprised
When will my baby be able to hold her head steady?
3 month old baby development is when your baby works really hard to become mobile. Her head and neck muscles are much stronger and she will learn to roll over as well. She will be able to lift her head while lying on her back, and even hold it for many minutes in that position. If she is sitting with support, she will be able to hold her head steady and erect with ease.
- How wonderful is that?
And here’s the best part – during the 3 month baby development, she will become much noisier and will babble for hours. Her baby talk will be pleasing to you and you should join in as well.
- Encourage your guests to communicate with the baby as well, as she has to learn to communicate with more people other than just Mom and Dad. Talk to your baby the entire day, even as you are cooking or watching TV. You cannot start building her language skills early enough, although none of this would make any real sense to her as yet.
She will also become more mobile during the 3 months baby development. As she lies on her tummy, you will notice how she lifts her head and chest as if doing a push-up and try to move forward. You can encourage her by dangling an attractive toy ahead of her and seeing if she pushes herself to get it.
- You should play with her all the time, whenever she is not asleep and encourage her to become more mobile, in her own little way.
And the 3 months old baby development is also when the baby’s hip, knee and elbow joints are stronger and more flexible, so she can now roll over on to her back when you lay her on her tummy. When she does so, it happens suddenly, without any warning, which is why you should never leave her alone while changing her nappy.
Breastfeeding Your Baby – Baby Development 4 Months – All the Details
Help! Why doesn’t my baby take as many feeds as she used to?
Feeding the baby becomes difficult during the 4 month old baby development phase as the baby is likely to be distracted by everything that happens around her.
- So, you will have to make her focus her attention on you. This particularly so because as the baby’s vision and focus improves, she will be able to recognize different shades of color and notice all moving objects.
Also, her stomach will have grown much bigger. This means she will be able to take in more milk in just one feed, and so does not need to be fed often. You can easily reduce the feeding to four or five times a day, and yet, you will find your baby gaining in weight.
If her attention wanders off during her feeds, don’t let that bother you – this is only natural. She will be too excited during the 4 month baby development about everything that goes on around her. You can simply wait for her to relax a little before continuing the feeding.
- Next, you will wonder if you should get your baby started on solid foods. Well, it is better to breastfeed or formula-feed the baby at least till she is 6 months old. During the first six months, babies get all the nutrition they need from breastmilk or formula milk.
So the 4 months old baby development phase is not yet the time to start the baby on solids. You don’t want to risk her getting an infection from the solid food as her digestive system is still underdeveloped.
If the baby seems particularly hungry, give her extra breast feeds or formula feeds. And the 4 months baby development phase is not yet the time to change the baby’s formula. Stick to her current formula till she is a few months older.
Baby Development 5 Months – Your Baby will Be a Little Bundle of Joy. Treasure These Moments Forever
When Will Our Baby Begin to Reciprocate Our Love?
Both you and your partner have showered nothing but love on your baby so far, as all parents do. Now it’s time for some payback. In the 5 month baby development, the baby starts expressing herself.
She shows her affection to her parents by giving them cute little hugs and kisses. She will raise her arms up and make you pick her up. When you make funny faces at her or tell her silly little jokes, she will be amused and express her happiness with the most glorious laughter.
- Isn’t this the moment both Mom and Dad have been waiting for?
Your baby will now start observing you very closely as you speak. Babies get curious about languages during the 5 months baby development. This is also the time they start recognizing their names. And don’t get worried if your baby repeats the same sound again and again. She is just trying to learn how to speak, so she will master making one sound before moving on to the next.
It is also during the 5 month old baby development that she will be able to sit on her own, without assistance. Her physical development during this stage is very fast, so you should be careful that she retains her balance and does not topple over while playing with toys or just sitting.
- So place enough pillows around her to protect her well in case she happens to fall.
The 5 months old baby development is also the time when you should try to strengthen your baby’s legs by standing her on your thighs. Another technique is to bounce her up and down, as often as you can.
It’s Time to Start Solids – Baby Development 6 Months – Her First Taste of Real Food
Can I start our baby with solid foods?
She cries all the time. Is there a thing such as paying “too much” attention to a baby?
A lot happens during the 6 month baby development. Your baby will be very keen to get started with solids. She will have observed Mom and Dad eating and will want some of that a well.
- So how do you know if she is ready for solid food?
There are a few signs to watch out for:
- Can she hold her head up and sit well with support?
- Can she take food off a spoon using her upper lip, and then move the food to the back of her mouth and swallow it?
- Is she by her 6 months baby development twice her birth weight?
- Is she very curious about what you eat?
Well, she is ready
Her first taste of solid food is a landmark event. Be sure to shoot the whole thing on a camera. From this moment on, feeding the baby is going to be so much fun.
But does she demand attention all the time? Does she cry even when you leave the room? Does she want you to be always with her? Such love from your baby can be endearing, especially during the 6 month old baby development, but you don’t want to spoil her.
- So, as hard as it might seem, you should try to ignore her. Don’t give her attention just because she cries. Make her do more than just cry to get you to notice her, such as wriggling and babbling.
This way, you will be encouraging good habits during the 6 months old baby development. Your baby will learn that crying is not the solution to everything.
7 Month Old Baby Development and Dealing with “Separation Anxiety”. Improving the Baby’s Motor Skills
What can I do to encourage my baby’s coordination?
My baby is shy around strangers and starts crying if I leave the room?
During the 7 month baby development, your baby will be a lot better at using her hands. Her motor skills will have improved so much that she will be able to drink from a two-handled cup by herself. How exciting 🙂 And she will be able to clap as well, out of sheer joy. You can teach her to clap, if she hasn’t picked up the skill as yet.
Her motor skills will have improved considerably. It is during the baby development 7 months that your infant will become so good at grasping, moving and manipulating objects. You will be surprised at how strong her grip can be, when she pulls at your hair.
- She will be picking up toys with her thumb and finger and use her tongue to taste almost every attractive object she gets interested in. So be very careful and ensure that there are no toxic objects in the house.
She will be babbling incessantly by now and banging objects together. The 7 months baby development is also when you should encourage your baby to improve her new skills even further by dangling objects in front of her and making her reach for it with her hands.
There’s another issue that parents have to deal with during the 7 months old baby development and it’s a tough one, called as “Separation Anxiety”. Your baby will be very shy around strangers and start crying if you leave her with them and leave the room, even for a couple of minutes. She would simply hate to be separated from you. You are her rock.
- But this should not be encouraged and you should teach your baby to be more independent, as obviously Mom and Dad can’t possibly be with her all the time. There are no easy solutions to this, every parent have their own ways of trying to make their babies more independent.
This is also the time when your baby will start teething. You will be so excited to see her first teeth breaking through.
8 Month Old Baby Development. It’s Time for the Baby to Start Crawling – Watch Out for the Bumps and Falls, Childproof the Home
Help! My Baby has started crawling and I’m afraid she’s going to tumble and hurt herself …
A lot of exciting things happen during the 8 month baby development. Be sure you are prepared for them. It is during this month that babies learn to crawl. There will be several bumps and falls. You shouldn’t worry about that beyond a point, because that’s how babies learn to become more mobile. But you can make things safer for your baby by childproofing the house.
It’s so much fun to observe your little one during the 8 months old baby development. She will be bottom shuffling, commando crawling or slithering on her tummy, rolling here and there and even try to get into a standing position by holding a table or a chair.
- When she does, stand behind her for support.
Bumps and falls are inevitable during the baby development 8 months, but babies only learn to walk by trying and failing. Mom and Dad should not help them too much here – they should learn these things on their own.
- What you should do is to make the house safer:
- Either secure or remove any fragile objects in the house.
- Install window locks on low lying windows, as babies will try to climb over them.
- Get rid of any rickety chair so that it doesn’t topple on to the baby as she holds on to it for support.
The other thing to watch out for during the 8 months baby development is that babies tend to be shy around strangers and start crying when left in a nursery or with a babysitter. She might get upset and start crying when you leave her alone like this, but she should get used to it.
Why? Because every time you leave her and become back in a few hours, you prove that you’ll be back. Gradually her separation anxiety will become less intense.
9 Month Old Baby Development – Toys, Toys and More Toys. When Mom and Dad are the Baby’s Best Playmates
How do I say “no” to my baby?
How can I make her understand not to do something that could potentially throw her in harm’s way?
The 9 month baby development is a lot of fun as babies are really active during this month. They will need to be around toys all the time and Mom and Dad are their best playmates as well. Both Mom and Dad will discover their inner child as they play with their little one.
- Your baby is going to be doing a lot of exploring during the 9 months baby development, while much of it is harmless, there are certain things she does that can be potentially dangerous such as pulling your pet dog’s tail.
You will have to be very clear that this is not done by the tone of your voice. She won’t understand the meaning of “no” as yet, but will know that Mom and Dad don’t want her to do something by from their tone.
But apart from that, the baby development 9 months is a whole lot of fun. Your baby will love filling up cup and containers and emptying them. You can help her improve her coordination and problem solving skills by giving her colorful blocks and a bucket to throw them into and take them out, a large plastic toy car with wheels and doors that open and close, or a large plastic ball to play with.
She will love playing endlessly with the ball and chasing it all over the house by crawling towards it. This helps to improve her movements as well. She won’t be able to walk as yet. That will happen close to her first birthday, but a lot does happen during the 9 months old baby development.
10 Month Old Baby Development – The Little Charmer. Watch Your Baby Lose Her Shyness and Become Friendlier with Strangers
Will my baby become more sociable now?
Yes, it is during the 10 month baby development when babies become much more sociable. Their personalities emerge during this period and their social skills will come to the fore. Your baby will impress one and all with her charms.
She may be a little shy in the beginning, but once she gets to know someone well, whether a neighbor or a relative, she will become much friendlier with them. Don’t expect her to react confidently to well-meaning strangers as yet. She is more likely to be shy around them.
But it is during the baby development 10 months when your baby will become much more communicative. She will gesture for your attention, repeat sounds, coo and shriek with delight every time her Dad returns home from office and wave goodbye when he leaves. She will also develop a mind of her own and cannot be made to do things she doesn’t want to.
- During the 10 months baby development, her babbles will become more like real words. So talk to her all the time, this is the best way to help her learn to talk faster. When she refers to a cat as “at”, repeat the word “cat” and tell her, “That is a cat”.
She will be moving around more confidently now on her hands and knees. She can sit comfortably as well, as she gains in confidence. She will start exploring the house and try to crawl upstairs. So have safety gates fixed at the top and bottom of the stairs, as you wouldn’t want her to do that when you are not watching.
Don’t worry if she gets a bump and starts crying. The important thing during the 10 months old baby development is to keep learning and exploring. Just cuddle her and give her a kiss and the crying will stop.
The Little Bookworm – Baby Development 11 Months – Time to Read Colorful Books to the Baby
Is this the time to get my baby interested in books?
How can I make her follow my instructions? He does understand when I say “no” to something, and still does it.
In the 11 month baby development, your baby will understand most of your instructions quite well. But this does not mean she will do everything you ask of her, even though she does understand very well when you say “no” to something.
- That’s why, during the 11 month old baby development, you shouldn’t say “no” all the time, but only when you really mean it. When she is doing something dangerous or harmful, such as trying to climb a window.
Now, let’s move on to the other question. Yes, it’s time to get your baby interested in books. Get her bright, colorful books from the kids’ section at the library. Look for the old favorites which you probably grew up with as well as exciting new stories as well.
At the 11 months old baby development, babies are very excited by books and although they can barely talk, they love the colorful illustrations and animated characters. More than anything, they love illustrated drawings of animals – dogs, monkeys and cows are their favorite.
The stories should have a rhyme to go along with them, which you can sing aloud to your baby, even as you point out the colorful drawings to her. The 11 months baby development is going to be a fun filled one.
You will discover how your baby likes certain books more than others and will want to leaf through the pages again and again, to the point of utter boredom. This should be such an exciting time for you as a parent.
12 Month Old Baby Development – Her First Birthday. Congratulations to Mom, Dad and the Little Champ
How to keep my baby entertained as she gets closer to her first birthday?
How can I get her to take her naps quietly, without her making a fuss about it?
Happy birthday, and well done. Your little one will have turned 1-year old by the end of this month. It has been quite a journey so far and all three of you have done well – Mom, Dad and the little champ.
As you get to the baby development 12 months, you can reflect on how far your baby has come. She will be walking soon, if she isn’t already. She will be a lot more interested in the world around her and will want to participate in everything that happens.
She will communicate more freely now during the 12 months baby development. You can ask her to point to ears and she will be able to. You should teach her to say please and thank you – this is important. It’s never too early to teach your baby her manners.
Now, during the 12 month baby development, she will want to play with noisier toys. She will be banging toys all the time. It is also the time to introduce her to dolls. If it’s a boy, you can introduce him to cars and tiny little action figures.
- It will still take time during the 12 months old baby development before your baby is able to relate to toys enough to engage in role-playing with them, but it doesn’t hurt at all to introduce her to more sophisticated toys to play with.
Finally, if your baby makes a lot of fuss while going to bed and resists taking naps, you should bath and massage her and tell her a bedtime story. This will relax and settle her and soon, you’ll find her drifting into a blissful sleep.
Baby Development 13 Months – Her First Steps. A Moment You’ll Never Forget
My baby 1-year old, but she isn’t walking yet. Should I worry?
No, not at all. You don’t have to worry too much during the 13 month old baby development because some children don’t walk till they are 17 or 18 months old. Maybe your baby is taking longer to walk on her own because she is used to holding onto your hands as she walks. So, that’s why you should let her go sometime, and see how she does on her own.
What’s really important in the 13 months old baby development is that she should always be on the movie, whether she is crawling, shuffling or simply cruising through the room. If she stumbles or hits a bump and start crying, don’t worry beyond a point if she as long as she is not hurt.
- Children learn walking by trying and failing. When parents are too careful and don’t let their children try and fail, it takes them a lot longer to learn to walk.
The 13 months baby development is a most exciting time when the baby starts walking. She does not have to be pushed or carried any longer to get to where she wants to go. While this should fill you with a lot of pride, you should be a bit scared as well – and that’s a good thing.
- Stay close to her while she explores the ins and outs of the house.
Also, the 13 month baby development is a time when you allow the baby to set her pace. Encourage her to walk, but don’t push her is she is unable to do something. You can buy a toddle truck for her, which is a great toy for children to learn walking and it is quite safe as well, because of its wide base.
Give her time and she will surprise you with how much she can achieve on her own. Never express any sort of frustration at her, always be encouraging.
14 Month Old Baby Development – Time to Buy Her a Pair of Shoes. She’s Growing Pretty Fast
Is it time to get my baby her first pair of shoes?
How well should she be talking by now? She says “Nooo!” to everything we say to her?!?
Let’s address the second question first. During the baby development 14 months, your baby will be able to communicate much better than ever before, but she is still a work in progress. Her favorite word? You guessed it: “NOOO!”
She says “no” to assert her independence and to show that she has her own mind. It’s a good thing when she says “no”, so don’t get upset over it and don’t get angry. You cannot order her to do things as easily as you did in the past. Now, both you and your partner will have to learn to compromise with your little one.
- For example, if she says “no” to taking a bath, you can promise to give her a chocolate, but only after she takes bath like a good girl. Well, there are several tricks used by parents to make their child do what they want, and certainly, you’d have known many of them by the 14 months baby development.
Now, should you get your baby her first pair of shoes? Yes, you should. However, since we are still in the 14 months old baby development, the baby should wear the shoes only when she is walking outside or when it is particularly cold at home.
It’s not a good idea as yet in the 14 month baby development for a baby to wear shoes at home, as she would still be feeling her feet and learning to walk, and it would be hard for her to do so while wearing shoes.
Being barefoot helps babies improve their foot coordination and gives them a sense of balance as they walk.
How to Make Your Baby Enjoy Her Food? 15 Month Old Baby Development – Meal Time is Fun Time
Help! My baby is very fussy about her food. What to do?
Well, it’s just a fact that babies are fussy eaters, you cannot change that and this is particularly the case during the 15 months old baby development, when they are more assertive as well. Now, if your baby will eat only certain types of foods at every meal, here’s what you should do:
- Give her what she likes, and add new foods along with that.
For example, if she likes tomato soup, and hates carrot, you can add the carrot to the soup. You just don’t have to tell her that, and she will not know. Every parent uses tricks such as these in the 15 month baby development to make their babies eat healthy, nutritious foods even though they hate it.
And if the baby refuses a food, don’t get angry or frustrated with her. Try again in a week’s time, perhaps she will be more receptive then. Babies are very moody creatures; you just need to know how to catch them in the right mood during the 15 months baby development.
What’s really important is that in their formative years, children should get all the essential nutrition they need. Eventually, babies learn to be less moody. If you’re worried that you baby isn’t getting all the vital nutrients she needs, you should consult with her pediatrician and discuss tastier alternatives to offer her.
- You should teach your baby good habits and eat with her every time. Make positive comments about food, such as “This is so tasty”, “This is my favorite” and so on. The idea is to create an inviting and positive atmosphere around the food.
Meal time during the baby development 15 months should be a fun time for her, not a chore that she is forced to endure.
A Well Fed Baby is a Happy Baby. Baby Development 16 Months – The Healthiest Foods for Your Baby
What are the healthiest foods for my baby during the 16 month baby development?
It is important during the 16 months baby development to introduce your baby to a variety of new foods. Her taste develops over time. Essentially, you should offer her a nutrition-rich meal consisting of four main food groups:
- Cereal-based foods such as bread and pasta.
- Milk and milk based products such as cheese and yoghurt.
- Proteins based foods such as beans, meat, fish or eggs.
- Fruits and vegetables – Apple, Carrot, Cucumber, Banana and Tomatoes are the perennial favorites.
During the 16 month old baby development, your toddler may not always be eager to try out new foods. In which case, you should introduce new foods stealthily, by deceit, alongside her favorites. You should trick her into eating healthier foods such as broccoli and cauliflower even though she may not like them at first.
Every meal does not need to have all the essential nutrients. As long as you give her all the nutrients she needs through a variety of foods over the week, that should be enough. There are some foods that your child shouldn’t have too much of. Don’t give her too many crisps or sweets as they are not too healthy even if she asks for them specifically.
As a parent, you cannot give in to your little one. You know what’s best for her and should say “no” time to time, even when she starts wailing and crying. The easy thing to do is to give her chocolates and pastries to stop her crying, but that would be at the cost of her long-term health.
It’s Time to Let the Baby Out. Why it is So Important for Babies to Be Physically Active? 17 Months Baby Development
Is it safe to let my baby play outside?
It is important that somebody should watch over the baby as she plays outside. It could be you or your partner, her grandparents or a responsible teenaged babysitter. During the 17 month old baby development, babies will want to explore more of the outside world and get bored of being in the house all the time.
However, they have no sense of danger, at least not during the 17 months old baby development. They should never be left unattended. They are too young to know what’s right or not right for them, and cannot recognize danger when they see it. They don’t understand boundaries such as a pavement kerb or a gate, so you can never be careful enough with them.
But the fact is, during the baby development 17 months, your baby has to be physically active and be on the move for at least three hours a day. In their 17th month, babies will have tremendous reserves of energy. So they should be allowed to have six 30-minute periods of activity each day.
- This could mean running around the garden, taking them to a store or just on a walk around the neighborhood. You should ensure that conditions are safe for your baby. For example:
- Is your garden safe enough for her?
- Is the house shock-proof?
- Are there any low lying wires anywhere in the house?
- Are the fences secured?
- Are there any protruding nails in the garden fence?
- Are the toys made of non-toxic material?
You have to take every care possible since it is your precious one’s life at stake here; you want the 17 month baby development to be safe and happy.
So Little and Yet So Confident. Baby Development 18 Months – The Baby’s Unique Personality Comes Through
Help! My baby starts crying the moment I leave her in the nursery.
During the 18 month old baby development, your precious little one will be more confident about herself than ever before and will be able to recognize herself in the mirror. She will have a strong and unmistakable sense of her identity and will be her own person.
She just won’t be Daddy’s Little Girl or Momma’s Little Sweetheart, she will have her own distinct personality, her own mind and you would be amazed at how confident she can be. But she is still learning, so give her time.
- But her attachment to you will remain as strong as ever. She just won’t trust you blindly. When you leave her with a babysitter and say you’re coming back, she won’t believe you and will probably spend most of the time crying till you’re finally back.
Your baby loves you more than anything in the world. Indeed, during the 18 months old baby development, Mom and Dad mean the whole world to babies. So this is a contradiction, your baby will be more independent than ever before and yet very much attached to Mom and Dad. So the separation anxiety will be quite traumatic during the 18 month baby development.
You can’t just leave her in the nursery when her back is turned. That will only scare her so much more that you’re not coming back. The best way to deal with the separation anxiety during the 18 months baby development is to make your goodbyes gentle and yet firm and make a clear promise that you will be returning to collect her in a few hours.
Give her something to remember you by as you are away, such as a pen or a purse.
19 Months Baby Development – Talk to Me! Your Baby will Want to Impress People with Her Newfound Communication Skills
How can I encourage my baby to converse with me better?
Your baby will be very talkative during the 19 months old baby development. You should give her every possible chance to talk with you, with her grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, neighbors or nice, well-meaning strangers.
Your little one will want to show off all the words that she has learned so far. Her personality will come to the fore during the 19 month old baby development and there’s nothing she will like more than chatting. You should encourage this wholeheartedly.
If your child is not as communicative or chatty during the baby development 19 months as other toddlers of her age, then you should give her every opportunity to learn new words and talk to her as you go about your daily business, while reading a magazine, changing her nappies or cooking her favorite dish.
- For example, point out a colorful ball to her, and ask her what it is, and when she answers, smile at her and say with great enthusiasm, “Yes, this is a ball”. Ask her about the color of the ball, and if she struggles to answer, say, “The ball is red. Red is a color”
If she wants a cake and says “ake”, give her a piece of the cake and say, “Yes, here’s your cake” These are just some of the tricks you can use to make your baby learn to speak faster during the 19 month baby development.
Ask her to point to her nose and once she does, praise her and ask her to point out Daddy’s nose. That’s the way to make her learn the language faster. As you teach her, don’t worry about her pronunciation. What matters is that she understands what you’re telling her and is enthusiastically joining in with the conversation.
Baby Development 20 Months. The Little Champ – Your Baby will Walk Confidently, and Even Run
Will my baby be able to run?
She is not a teenager yet, but is already acting like one. Why she never takes “no” for an answer and throws tantrums all the time?
To answer the first question, yes, during the 20 month old baby development, your little one will be able to run. She will be confident enough to walk without your assistance and without needing you to hold her hands for balance. She will find it hard to jump as yet, unless you help her.
But the exciting thing is, during the 20 months baby development she will be able to run in the park or in the house, kick a large plastic ball around the house and even roll a ball to you. She just won’t be able to throw overarm as yet, that will happen once she turns two or three years old.
The problem with running during the 20 month baby development is that while she can run at a surprisingly decent speed, she won’t know how to navigate around obstacles or change course while running or toddling.
- So check the area before you let her run for obstacles and be ready with a kiss and a cuddle in case she hits a bump and starts crying.
As for the second question, you will need to hold on to your patience even if you find her behavior hard to handle. It is natural for a toddler to throw tantrums during the 20 months old baby development, but don’t let her get her away just because of it.
As a parent, you must exercise discipline and not give in to your little one’s tantrums; else you will only end up spoiling her. She has to know when Mom and Dad say ‘no’, it is for a good reason and they mean it and there’s no going back on that.
If either you or your partner gives in, expect your baby to throw tantrums at the slightest pretext.
We have covered 20 months of your baby’s development in this ultimate baby development guide. Now, while you will no doubt find the enormous amount of information and the practical advice and parenting tips given here useful, as a parent you will know that each baby is different and you’ll have to develop your own strategies for taking care of your little one.
Is it hard to take care of a baby? Of course, it is, but it is also the most rewarding experience of your life. You will remember every single moment of your child’s first couple of years of growing up.
- Trust us. It’s a lot more fun to be around with your child when she is 18 months old and when Mom and Dad mean the world to her, than when she is a rebellious 18-year old teen who barely has time to get off her phone or Facebook.
But if you’ve been through 9 months of pregnancy, made it through labor and delivery and are home with your precious little one, you will find the tips given here very useful. Also, never be afraid to seek out help. Create a support group of doctors, friends, family members, babysitters to help you out with bringing up the little one.
We know how nervous you are about your new life with the newest member of your family, but remember this, both you and your baby are together in this. You are a team, and that’s what counts.
Finally, Your Precious Little One Deserves Nothing But The Best
That’s Why We Strongly Recommend These Resources